Thursday, May 19, 2011

More from the Craftstravaganza front

 Can you believe that Craftstravaganza is day after tomorrow! All of our planning is finally coming together, and today we're featuring Mountain Mud Babies, a local Castle Rock artist.

I am a mother of a six year old boy, an art teacher, an artist, a potter, an avid gardener and a big time animal lover.
Last year, with the help of my wonderful husband, I finally got around to setting up my home studio. It's almost complete with kilns, lots of light, storage and two pottery wheels and a slab roller. Now, thoughts of making things with clay consumes me. If I'm not working with clay, I'm reading about working with clay or doing sketches of future projects.
All of my work is one of a kind Art Pottery and is lovingly hand made by me from start to finish. Each piece that I make truly is one of my "Mud Babies". A name I borrowed from my favorite famous potter, George Ohr.

No comments:

Post a Comment