Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This is why cats don't have jobs...


We are allowed to live and work in the same house as two cats, Odin and Moose. I, in a stupid and careless move, dared to put my super-duper fancy photo studio light box (read: cardboard box with tissue paper taped to three sides) on my work surface when one of the cats wanted to walk through that area. In retribution, the cat (I don't know which one but suspect Moose) slashed through one of the layers of tissue, so this morning instead of taking photographs I was repairing my photography equipment (read: cardboard box). Luckily I had all the supplies to make the necessary repair, and was back on the road to shooting photos in no time. Well, until Moose decided I wanted to take photos of him instead of the jewelry I'm trying to sell...

This is one of the pitfalls of working at home, it didn't take long for me to abandon my photography project in favor of playing with the cat and watching "Mamma Mia!", again. I did get the pliers and work on a handful of new pieces and wrote a thank you note to one of my customers for a recent order.

I wouldn't say that I've been avoiding my work this week, but I will admit to being easily distracted. I'm going to blame the cats and the weather for that, it was in the low 70's earlier this week and that causes premature Spring Fever. Now that the weather has returned to being properly cold for this time of year I shouldn't have any issues the rest of the week.


P.S. From the photo: Moose is the orange tabby and Odin is the black cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment