Sunday, January 31, 2010

Where Did the Weekend Go?

I can't believe it is Sunday night already, this weekend just flew by for me! On Friday night Jeremy and I caught up on then said goodbye to a show we really really liked (Dollhouse). We are great fans of Joss Whedon and were sad to see that show end. Jeremy is taking a few days off from his real job so I think maybe we'll have a Whedon-thon tomorrow in the studio, perhaps starting with Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog...

Besides watching t.v., we got some new items listed over at the Etsy shop, packaged and posted a few orders, and cleaned the house like crazy people.

Last night the knitting group, Nerds Who Knit, met at our house. We had some snacks, worked on our projects, and watched "Gattaca". Nicole put in a valiant effort toward learning to knit, but I don't think she enjoyed it very much, perhaps instead of being a knitter she will consent to be our official cat girl mascot...I'll have to ask her.

Speaking of the knitting group, one of our other esteemed members has recently fired up her own Etsy shop, KraftsbyKatie. She makes really sweet embellished flip-flops that you should check out.

In other weekend news, Nicole, Eric, and I made it over to Fancy Tiger for their yarn sale on Saturday afternoon. I picked up some pink cashmere yarn that is so soft...I think I'm going to try to knit a lacy scarf that I saw on t.v. the other day. I have 10,000 knitting projects in progress, I can't seem to help myself. I start new projects well before I have finished others. I think I have project ADD. Come to think of it, I have tons of projects in various stages of completion. I think this week I will make a better effort to wrap up some of the projects that turned long term, or I could start the new table runner for my Mom and the checkbook cover for my Grandma...

[Edit]
I'm such a space cadet sometimes, I completely forgot to tell you guys about my awesome friend Tim. I'm lucky enough to be friends with a drummer in one of Denver's most interesting bands, Pluyd. If you are around the Denver area you should check out one of their shows! You can also become their fan on Facebook here. Support your local artists!!

No comments:

Post a Comment