Thursday, February 25, 2010

Delinquit Blogger


What can I say, I haven't been good about keeping up with the blog lately. It seems like there has been a lot going on, but when I sit down to write it all sounds kind of stupid.

We (finally) got the new sofa home, so I can't use that as an excuse for distraction anymore. We got the new coffee table put together and have found a homes for most of the rest of the furniture. Furniture obsession aside, it doesn't seem like I have spent much time in the studio working lately. I've been on the go for supplies or networking, today I was fixing a friend's computer. I have two custom orders to start, sewing to work on, and photos to take. I'm really looking forward to a good solid day of work. It is amazing how caught up in minutia one can become if one is not careful.

It hasn't all be furniture arguments and electric guitars this last week. We're preparing to participate in a local art show in March. We'll be joining the gang at Jonesy's Art Bazaar on March 20. It will be the first time we're participating in this event, but I'm really looking forward to it. I enjoy doing shows because it gives us an opportunity to meet our customers face to face. We've started an event on our Facebook page, so if you are local and free come on over and say hi! Click here if you would like more information on Jonesy's Art Bazaar.

I have the most amazing artist to share with you today, Illustrations by Kecky. I saw her print called "The Spaces in Between" on the front page of Etsy the other day and was completely floored. She does absolutely beautiful work and I'm looking forward to ordering from her.

I've been working on a necklace in sterling silver that has been pretty resource intensive, and it is coming out beautifully. You can find a very blurry iPhone photo of it here. This particular project is becoming a labor of love, I hope that someone else falls in love with it too. In it's current state it is 3 ounces of sterling silver and there is still work to be done. It is a variation of the Japanese 2-in-12 weave, similar to our Tranquility style bracelet, but instead of having three rows of same sized rings the rows graduate in size, it is awesome and I need to finish it so I can get some good pics. I tried to convince myself to finish it last night, but that was after two and a half hours of guitar practice and my fingers were swollen and so painful I could barely hold the pliers, let alone pick up the rings. Jeremy encouraged me to practice a little less today to give me a chance to recover.

This weekend we're looking forward to a visit from Amber, Andy's birthday (Happy Birthday Andy!), and the completion (finally) of the topside of the L'Amour quilt. We may also check into the local Curling club, but that is another entry all on its own.

I hope you all have a happy Friday, and a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment