Sunday, February 7, 2010

Home Improving

Jeremy and I have been watching a lot of HGTV lately, and I do mean A LOT! As a result of our recent television viewing we've been bitten by the home improvement bug. I guess I shouldn't blame it all on tv, it really started with the new sofa, which has yet to be delivered. We started looking for a sofa, then we needed a coffee table, then we needed a new lamp, then we needed to paint the bathroom, then we needed to replace the mirror...and on and on until we ended up at a new patio door.
I love making these changes to our home, especially since it is a very long way from being our dream home. I've enjoyed seeing the evolution of this house from suburban beige mortgage to our home and there is something very satisfying about doing the work as well.
Next weekend we're hoping for some warmer weather so we can pain the upstairs bathroom and get the new patio door installed. We are very lucky that Jeremy's Dad is very handy and has agreed to help us install the door.

In studio related news, I have started some projects in copper this weekend. I'm looking forward to being able to share them with everyone. I should be able to wrap things up tonight and work on photos in the morning. I'm also expecting an order of silver rings and Swarovski beads, so we're going to have a bunch of new stuff in the next few weeks.

If you don't already have something for your Valentine you should stop by the Siouxsiequeue's Etsy shop and check out our range of Valentine's themed bracelets. The last day to order in time for Valentine's (US orders only) is Wednesday, February 10th, so don't wait until the last minute!

One last thing before I go, today's find are these super cute, handmade hats for your beeb! Coverall Hats has an assortment of sweet hats that are worth checking out.

I hope that your team won the big football game and that you managed to stay warm in all the snow that happened all over the country this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment