Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Next week is too far away...

I've got a wonderful new project I'm dying to work on and I don't have enough sterling silver to complete it. So now I'm pacing around waiting on the new sofa AND supplies to arrive. I need to learn to be more patient I think.

Today's find is my friend Jessica, if you are planning a wedding and are looking for some truly amazing accessories hers is the shop to see. Her work is beautiful, I know you will be happy.

It was a pretty quiet day around here today. Jeremy went back to his real job, Eric was at school, even the pets napped most of the day. On an unrelated note, I did get some work done today, and we got a shot out on Oscar's blog! I hope that doesn't start a weird cycle...I mentioned the gones, he mentioned me, I mentioned that he mentioned me....anyway, Oscar is awesome, blogs are awesome, there you go.

I've been thinking about companion pieces, like a necklace and or earrings, to go with the Black Ribbons bracelet. I like the looks of those necklaces that have multiple chains of various sizes and finishes, but I'm not really getting any inspiration when it comes to matching earrings. Oh, speaking of earrings, all of our earrings are 15% off during the month of February.

I also need to finish some drawings for a custom order I've been asked to work on. We're going to do a corset and I have to say that I'm really excited about this project. I've been kind of wading through the logistics of it since the weekend and I think I'm ready to put pen to paper, get measurements, and put together my final estimates. Because of the materials I would like to use in this project I am considering making this a composite piece. I won't be able to solder or weld the maille, so if it stands alone we run the risk of pulling rings apart when she's lacing the corset, and we don't want that. I think having the maille over a traditionally constructed corset would lend shape and structure. Wish me luck and when I get the go ahead I'll start taking and posting photos of the project as I go along. Do you have a special project you'd like us to work on? We love custom orders, don't be shy, I love a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment